- Players remain the same
- Templates are now Collections
- Tokens are now split into Items and Item Balances
- Token Metadata is defined on Item Creation. Creating an item is effectively a "pre-mint"
- The token is then added to a player's item balance on
v1/player/get-inventoryis now replaced by the list endpoint
v2/item/balance. Pass in the player's ID to filter for a given player's item balances.
- V2 Performance Improvements
- The Stardust service that packages transactions and submits them to the chain has been rewritten in V2 giving a higher throughput for the rate transactions are submitted.
- Your players will not change, you are merely giving them new items
- Decide on Collection grouping
- Option 1: one collection for multiple item types
- Option 2: one collection per v1 template
- Create items and define metadata
- Re-mint V1 tokens to every player as V2 Item balances. We recommend migrating tokens > items on demand, so that when a player logs in and loads their inventory, the token is automatically re-minted as an item.
If players have withdrawn tokens, it will be hard to determine which Stardust player gets the new token. We recommend having an event where a token must be deposited back into their Stardust wallet in order to redeem the v2 token/item.
We are in the process of reaching parity, and will be releasing the missing features on a rolling basis.
|Mint & Burn
|Deposits & Withdrawals
Updated 11 days ago